PC Poly 10.0x10.0mm, 0.50mm thick, PLMechanical Polycrystalline
The Element Six polycrystalline CVD diamond mechanical product range is used extensively for precision dressing and cutting tools, knives and wear components where extreme performance, enduring quality and consistency are prerequisites.
This mechanical grade has a high resistance to abrasive wear, high thermal stability, and is chemically inert. The high thermal conductivity over 1,100 Wm-1 K-1, makes it an ideal tool material for those applications where higher temperature operating conditions are seen, in particular, dry machining of metal matrix composites and high volume fraction glass fibre (or carbon) reinforced materials.
Other uses include its use in all general dressing and truing applications, and is suited to all conventional dressing tool types, from single-point dressing for wheel profiling and blade dressing through to roller dressing, particularly on alumina and silica-based wheels. Due to its high hardness and polycrystalline morphology, it is very resistant to chipping, a further advantage in controlling dressing consistency.
- Carat Weight EA: 0.85 ct
- Lateral Dimensions Measured: to smaller side
- Edges: Laser Cut
- Edge Features: < 0.2 mm
- Laser Kerf: 3°
- Lateral Tolerance: +0.2/-0 mm
- Length: 10 mm
- Side 1, Roughness, Ra: polished, Ra < 50 nm
- Side 2, Roughness, Ra: lapped, Ra < 250 nm
- Thickness Tolerance: +/- 0.05 mm
- Thickness Dimension: 0.5 mm
- Width: 10 mm
- Fracture Toughness: 8.5 MPa m
- Hardness: 80± 18 GPa @300K
- Poisson's Ratio: 0.1
- Thermal Conductivity: >1000 Wm-1 K-1 @300 K
- Young's Modulus: 1054 GPa