EP Poly 10.0x10.0mm, 0.60mm thick, NPElectrochemistryPolycrystalline
Element Six Electrochemical Processing Grade (Diafilm EP) is a solid, free standing CVD boron doped diamond (BDD) electrode material.
With a boron concentration in the range of 2 to 6x1020 atoms/cm3, and resistivity ranging 0.20 to 1.8x10-3 Ohm m, it is capable of operating at very high current densities > 20 000 A/m² with electrode lifetimes measured in years.
This grade of BDD is suitable for prolonged electrochemical processing applications at high current densities, such as advanced oxidation processes, ozone generation and wet etching processes. It is less suitable for fundamental studies of electrochemical properties of diamond, but please contact us to discuss your application requirements in more detail to determine material suitability.
This product is offered in a range of sizes and thickness with an ‘as grown’ growth surface. The growth surface has a very rough grain relief, Ra ~50 µm, the smooth surface is not processed and the sample exhibits anisotropic electrochemical properties.
When polished to Ra <30 nm, with ohmic contacts and carefully packaged, this grade exhibits an extremely wide aqueous solvent window of >3 V in 0.1 M KNO3 versus SCE, that enables the application of ultra-high electropotentials.
- Carat Weight EA: 1.02 ct
- Lateral Dimensions Measured: to smaller side
- Edges: Laser Cut
- Edge Features: < 0.2 mm
- Laser Kerf: <5°
- Lateral Tolerance: +0.2/-0 mm
- Length: 10 mm
- Side 1, Roughness, Ra: As grown
- Side 2, Roughness, Ra: As grown
- Thickness Tolerance: -0.05 + 0.3 mm
- Thickness Dimension: 0.6 mm
- Width: 10 mm
- Boron Concentration [B]: 2 to 8 x 1020 Atoms /cm3, averaged over 0.16 mm2
- Bulk Resistivity (Rv): 2 to 1.8 x 10-3 Ohm m, ± 0.25 x 10-3 Ohm m
- Operating Current Density : >20,000 A m-2
- Solvent Window: >3.0 V